Thursday, January 29, 2015

Quilled Ganesha.





      Ganesha - the lord of good beginnings. Ever since I made  my first Ganesha , I have received numerous requests to quill the same. Only recently I received a request from someone dear whom I could not refuse . It is also my biggest Ganesha and my biggest project so far. My husband helped get the picture printed for me to quill. The paper on which it was printed has a very metallic texture although it looks rich in person , it doesn't photograph well at all and it was difficult to stick the strips down the smooth surface .
      I am actually happy with the outcome. I didn't have any of the paper that I had used when I first Quilled so I had to gather them before starting. The printed background is also a few shades darker than my first one and I choose paper strips accordingly . I used 5mm paper for the whole project. I have made some minor changes as required.

      When I made the first Ganesha , two years ago my elder son Abi was taking his twelfth exam. Now coincidentally Akhil is facing his twelfth board exam. My prayer is that he also has a great new beginning after  finishing school.

Thanks for stopping by , Have a great day.
          

16 comments:

Sathya said...

Its SOOO divine...As always its with ultimate perfection and neatness, dear...Best wishes to Akhil for his 12th grade exams.

Raji Venkatesan said...

Wow!!!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Absolutely amazing with real good perfection!!
Loved it :)

Radhika said...

Amazing.. :)

Monica said...

Hello,

I love your blog.
I’m hosting a Quilling Party, and I'd love for you to join: http://bit.ly/1AaAw7l

Baukje said...

brilliant as always!
Greetings from Holland Baukje

lavina agarwal said...

It's just wow!

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Lovely...you are quilling queen dear. Best wishes to both your kids. May Ganesha bless them with success

Artes de Nágela said...

Fabulous work!
Cheers!

Ann Martin said...

Just lovely and I can imagine how stunning it looks in person on the metallic background.

Unknown said...

can i get ur email id

SUGANTHI said...

Quillingdreams@gmail.com

Vasudha Somayaji said...

So beautiful, can't believe it is made from quillling strips.

Indian Techy Boy said...

Its SOOO divine... Absolutely amazing with real good perfection!!
Loved it : Arun

Unknown said...

Hi superb art.. Absolutely amazing.. Want the process if we want to buy it

SUGANTHI said...

Hello
DO email your requirements I will give you the pricing. I start work after you confirm the order.
My Email. Quillingdreams@gmail.com